Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone ever successfully breastfed following breast reduction surgery ?

(6 Posts)
fakeblonde Sat 20-Sep-08 23:08:06

I am in agony again with a trapped nerve.
Being a size 10 with 32 g breasts its been suggested before that i have a breast reduction .
I`d really like to do this after i`ve completed my family, but nights like tonight when i`m in agony with my neck i wish i could do it AND still breastfeed ?
Think i`ll still wait but just wondered if anyone else has actually managed it /
Cheers x

MmeLindt Sat 20-Sep-08 23:26:38

My friend had a breast reduction and was able to breastfeed. I do think that it depends on how good the surgeon is tbh.

sportscandy Sun 21-Sep-08 11:46:42

I got pregnant 2 months after a breast reduction! Although delighted, I was worried about breast feeding and also about them getting bigger again. My surgeon told me that it is really a 50/50 chance of being able to breastfeed. Luckily I was able to. However they did grow a little during the pregnancy, and I have been told it will be possible to have another reduction if I want at a later date.

babbi Tue 23-Sep-08 21:17:22

My SIL could feed after surgery and her DD is a big bruiser - very well fed !!

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 23-Sep-08 21:19:51

This is what is putting me off a reduction at the moment. Boobs needed for active service for a while yet...

Piffle Tue 23-Sep-08 21:21:54

I was same as you size 8-10 30hh but would not have surgery til family complete.
I have finished now and am awaiting surgery (nhs)
Get an osteopath to help with neck as it can be displaced first /2nd rib
I had that and the nerve pain is hideous
Few manipulations and easy exercises
Bobs your uncle pain much reduced

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now