Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What can be causing this itching I have started getting?

(12 Posts)
saltire Sat 20-Sep-08 22:22:38

Have noticed them over the past week or so. Currently my thumb from nail down to wrist is really itchy, I also have an itch on ym knee and on my chest. The skin is red where I ahve been scratching. What can be causing it, any suggestions

avenanap Sat 20-Sep-08 22:26:23

Hives? Have you changed your washing powder?

abouteve Sat 20-Sep-08 22:28:41

I had an itch in random parts of my body a few weeks ago. It was persil washing gels tablets. Chucked them out and rewashed everything. Bit of a shock as I'm not normally allergic.

saltire Sat 20-Sep-08 22:30:26

Not recently.
The worst affected areas are my hands, especially the area where I wear my wedding ring, and around my thumbs and where the fingers join, and my legs, especially the thighs. have also beeng etting itchy scalp - and yes I have checked for nits.
In fact I'm making my self itch thinking aobut it all.
its starting to bother me a bit

AnarchyAunt Sat 20-Sep-08 22:31:57

Scabies?

Itching between fingers is classic sign.

Lubyloo Sat 20-Sep-08 22:32:38

You won't want to hear this but it could be scabies. The hands are often the worse affected.

Lubyloo Sat 20-Sep-08 22:33:16

Snap!

saltire Sat 20-Sep-08 22:34:40

Where could I have got it from though?

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 20-Sep-08 22:35:01

I was thinking scabies too. Sorry. Can you see any little lines under the skin? Can cause all-over body itching not just where the mites are.

saltire Sat 20-Sep-08 22:36:15

No lines, but do get tingling in my skin. Will maybe put some E45 on to see if that will ease it, it's driving me scatty

AnarchyAunt Sat 20-Sep-08 22:36:21

Scabies

It is horrible, I had it last year. But easily sorted out and best to get it checked as everyone in the house needs treating (even if asymptomatic).

abouteve Sat 20-Sep-08 22:38:35

Don't worry but it does sound like scabies between the fingers. Other have given you the links. Its just one of those things. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now