Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tendonitis

(7 Posts)
lsa2 Sat 20-Sep-08 13:18:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Sat 20-Sep-08 13:23:20

i've had tendonitis in my right knee, right Achilles tendon and right elbow.

building up the muscles, however small, that support the joint is key to fending off tendonitis.

ask for a physio referral to get some exercises and follow them!

i've always found heat more effective than cold for treating tendonitis, because tendons sometimes don't get as good circulation.

exercise in general also helps because it improves overall circulation.

lsa2 Sat 20-Sep-08 13:46:52

expatinscotland Sat 20-Sep-08 13:49:24

it's not too bad these days because i try to keep in the best shape i can and keep my weight down.

my trouble stems from the fact that i had slight scholiosis as a pre-teen and my right side sits a little lower than my left, and that puts some stress on that side.

it might be worth it to see a foot doctor and see if it might not be worth your while to get some orthotics made.

mine made a world of difference and now i only use them in shoes i use for exercise like trainers and hiking boots.

lsa2 Sat 20-Sep-08 14:03:30

expatinscotland Sat 20-Sep-08 16:25:14

i think some people are prone to it. i know for a fact that some women have a 'stenotic' or narrow patellar (knee) tendon just because of the way a woman's body is designed.

i do. my surgeon went in to do a graft from my patellar tendon but it was too short and narrow to use so he had to use the hamstring tendon instead.

that's why it's even more important to exercise regularly and keep your weight as close to ideal as possible, it's just better all around for the joints and organs.

lsa2 Sat 20-Sep-08 16:39:03

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now