Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone here help - my mum needs to give up work because my grandad is dying of cancer and my gran is also going down hill (she fell over last week and broke her rib) If my mum leaves work can she claim anything??

(6 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:45:53

She knows she can claim carers allowance for my gran but its only £300 a month or even less and she works full time at them moment and can't afford such a drop in income, but she can't go back to work either and my gran can't even go toilet by herself and my grandad is just going to get worse

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 19:47:22

Can't they both claim attendance allowance and give it to her?

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:49:25

Its long and complicated but my aunt claims for my grandad even though my mum does alot of the work.

its really not worth getting into, its a big issue (thats brushed under the carpet) so not to upset the parents.

ruddynorah Fri 19-Sep-08 19:50:09

look here potentially another £67 per week for each of them.

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:54:59

will show her that ruddy, thankyou!

lou031205 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:05:04

You don't say whether your mum has a partner who is earning, but if not, she could claim income support.

Also, if she rents she could claim housing benefit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: