Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I`ve had no periods for 5 years with mirens coil - is this normal please ?

(5 Posts)
fakeblonde Thu 18-Sep-08 22:52:22

I`m due to have it changed, well overdue actually.
I was really pleased when after always having rather heavy periods the mirena lightened and eventually stopped them.
I`bve not had a period for about 4 years now and just wondered if this is normal with the mirena.
I`m hyperthyroid and just wanted to be sure it wasn`t that that had stopped them and is in fact just the coil ?
Cheers x

emma1977 Thu 18-Sep-08 22:53:44

Most likely your mirena.

Rejoice! (and arrange to get a new one fitted)

fakeblonde Thu 18-Sep-08 22:55:39

Ok will do !

cheshirekitty Fri 19-Sep-08 19:57:41

fakeblonde - if you go over the 5 years before getting a new mirena, your periods may come back with a vengeance.

When you go to get it changed, ask your health care professional to take blood for thyroid check.

Also, are you near menopause age?

fakeblonde Sat 20-Sep-08 14:22:38

Hi
Hope not i`m 37 and would love another baby soon.However i am just getting over a pretty bad episode of thyrotoxicosis and now also got a slipped disk so i want to spend a year getting my health up to scratch and ensure my thyroid levels are good,otherwise when i do conceive i`ll have hyperemesis again which is the worst thing i`ve evr had !
Thanjks though i`ll go get my mirena changed soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now