Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A question about bodily hair

(8 Posts)
Ishouldknowthis Thu 18-Sep-08 20:41:05

Have name changed for this to prevent dd's blushes.

Does bodily hair, particularly pubic hair, match your head hair colour?
The reason I ask is dd is blonde and hates it. She has recently-ish started developing and has very dark pubic hair and lives in hope that her head hair will darken.

Can I offer her any hope that she may become a brunette?!

BCNS Thu 18-Sep-08 20:45:03

she is more likely to have head hair that matches her eyebrows

CuppaTeaJanice Thu 18-Sep-08 20:50:18

I think pubic hair is generally brown-ish, even on redheads and blondes. It doesn't always match head hair. Other body hair is usually lighter.

Why does she hate being blonde, by the way?

TheProvincialLady Thu 18-Sep-08 20:58:52

My head hair is the same colour as my pubes <wonders why I am sharing this information with strangers> but my eyebrows are darker. It has ever been thus for me. I am dark blonde.

I used to want to be brunette too - and have curly hair. I now thank my lucky stars to have straight blonde hair. I think at your DD age the thing is to be deeply unhappy with everything nature/your parents have given you. She will get over it!

Hobnobfanatic Thu 18-Sep-08 21:01:00

Cuppa tea - I know for a fact that redheads have red hair... everywhere!

Hobnobfanatic Thu 18-Sep-08 21:01:31

Cuppa tea - I know for a fact that redheads have red hair... everywhere!

Ishouldknowthis Thu 18-Sep-08 21:04:08

Oh I know she just moans about it for effect! She does get a lot of comments about her hair, it is various shades of blonde and quite striking really. She doesn't like the attention, finds it a bit much when people gush about her (she'd rather not stand out, wants to merge in with the crowd).

Anyway I asked because the only people I would ask about pubes are brown haired, so really wasn't sure if they varied as much as head hair colours!

Her eyebrows are light brown.

Thanks a lot all smile

fakeblonde Thu 18-Sep-08 22:59:08

I am very blonde but all other body hair is very dark-almost black.
My husband once said-well your tea cup doesn`t match your saucer does it !! FGS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now