Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I do a (hard) circuits class the same day I have my Mirena coil fitted?

(11 Posts)
luckymummy74 Thu 18-Sep-08 18:57:17

Just that really.....

norksinmywaistband Thu 18-Sep-08 19:00:04

before yes, but i wouldn't after

LynetteScavo Thu 18-Sep-08 19:00:19

If you mean after you have it fitted, I wouldn't. Before will be fine aslong as you have a shower. grin

I was quite woozy and uncomfortable afterwards, and was glad I wasn't going back to work.

squeaver Thu 18-Sep-08 19:03:50

Definitely not after. I made the mistake of going into work on the tube, ignoring my GP's advice to go home and put my feet up.

luckymummy74 Thu 18-Sep-08 19:11:52

ahhh yes, sorry, should have made that clear, I meant afterwards. Coil appt 2pm (first timer) and circuits 7pm.

I'm guessig that's a no then.

Squeaver did your GP also recommend a large box of maltesers whilst sitting on the sofa with feet up?!! grin.

squeaver Thu 18-Sep-08 19:49:15

No, but I wish she had! Maybe I could have got them on the NHS

forkhandles Thu 18-Sep-08 19:53:08

I've just had one fitted and felt fine afterwards, maybe a tiny bit of period like pain. But I don't think I would plan to do anything hard work just in case

ClareVoiant Thu 18-Sep-08 19:58:03

maybe its changed since i had mine done (about 9 years ago) but i was in agony for a good week after. went back to the hospital twice or them to check they'd got it in right!

BBBee Thu 18-Sep-08 19:59:52

no - go home and have glass of wine

brightwell Thu 18-Sep-08 20:02:51

A definate no, I felt rough after having my first one fitted, had mild labour like pains. When I had my 2nd one fitted I was told not to do anything too strenuous for a couple of days.(whatever that means)

luckymummy74 Thu 18-Sep-08 20:28:39

Thanks ladies. I will follow all advice and get a large box of maltesers and a bottle of red wine in !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now