Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

major blood sugar swings

(12 Posts)
dilemma456 Thu 18-Sep-08 13:00:53

Message withdrawn

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:04:36

Do you have some lucozade? You need to get some sugar into you, make yourself a drink.

You seriously do need to go to the hospital. 2.5 is dangerously low. I know you say that you don't want to be messed with but this needs treating. If you were bleeding you would have to go. You need to go now. Your body's going into shock.Call them now. Please. They won't think you have put it on.

dilemma456 Thu 18-Sep-08 13:16:32

Message withdrawn

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 18-Sep-08 13:19:04

Do they not think it is caused by diabetes?

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:19:36

You'll need alot of glucose tablets. It's hgood that someone helped. I get hypoglycemia when I don't eat, it's the same symptoms. I need to look after myself better. You should get this checked out, 2.5 is dangerously low.

shortcircuit Thu 18-Sep-08 13:19:45

if you're still around - what have you eaten this morning ?

I have major blood sugar swings, but don't black out. If you'v tried conventional medicine & nothing can be found, try a nutritional therapist.

If you have had the lucozade or a sugary drink, eat some cheese with it, or a complete protein which will help prevent blood sugar peaks & dips, which sound extremely severe in your case.

dilemma456 Thu 18-Sep-08 13:20:37

Message withdrawn

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:23:44

I'd be tempted to see an endocrinologist, maybe your body doesn't have an off switch so makes more insulin then it needs. It's not the same as diabetes. It's worth a shot.

dilemma456 Thu 18-Sep-08 19:16:07

Message withdrawn

CaptainNancy Thu 18-Sep-08 21:48:43

Would echo avenanap's suggestion of endocrinologist. My colleague has had a similar problem.. dare I ask how your periods have been? Hers were completely screwy- bleeding for 3 weeks, then none for 3, etc.

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 22:46:47

So you should be measuring your blood sugar regularly and taking glucose tablets so the excess insulin is not in your system?

CaptainNancy Fri 19-Sep-08 23:36:31

How are you feeling today dilemma?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now