Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Been off depo provera injection for nearly 5 months and still no sign of 'normality'. Anything I can do?

(4 Posts)
AnAngelWithin Thu 18-Sep-08 09:51:14

I came off the depo injection the end of april. Apart from the main reason that Me and DH want another baby at some point, I believe it was contributing to my deression. Although my general mood has now lifted a lot, I still haven't had a period yet. I was on it for about 2 years. I came off it to have d2 and within 2 months I was pregnant. No I am not pregnant now. I keep doing tests in case but its all driving me mad. Is there anything I can do to get my body 'back to normal'? Thanks.

bubblagirl Thu 18-Sep-08 13:32:36

they tell you to give your body 18 mths to get back to normal fully try not to worry too much have you spoken to gp? maybe have some hormone tests

AnAngelWithin Thu 18-Sep-08 14:45:11

18 months?? blimey. i dont really want to go to the docs unless i have to as my doc will only try and put me of having another one.

emma1977 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:59:35

Sounds normal. I wouldn't order any hormone tests at this stage or get too worried about it.

Up to a year is considered 'normal', but it took 18 months for me to get my periods back. Nothing you can do about it. Remember, you may ovulate and conceive before you ever see a real period if you are actively trying for a pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now