Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Daughter has red rash

(4 Posts)
frankiemum Wed 17-Sep-08 23:23:13

my daughter has come with a red rash. it is spreading as you look at it!! slightly raised al over back, neck front, arms and underarms, not on legs.
did the glass thing and it disapears, feels hot to touch..any thoughts?? ( teenager not baby or little one )

misi Thu 18-Sep-08 01:07:25

could be a reaction to some contact allergen. have you changed washing powder recently and this happen soon after putting on clothes for first time?
any temperature, headache, nausea, or anything untoward?
the places you mention are those common when it has something to do with the clothes as those are the places touched most by clothing, so either washing powder or maybe the cloth, I have seen people react to wool like this on bare skin or nylon/synthetic fibres. if on the upper body and not lower again that may be the clothing if it is the fabric itself as the trousers/skirt etc may not be the same fabric?

MrsBates Thu 18-Sep-08 01:30:51

Is it itchy? I used to get urticaria (hives) when I was a teenager usually due to stress, tiredness and heat. Also some jewellery with pewter in it. Al over my back. Check google images and see if it looks similar. If keeps spreading go to doc or hospital. If hives antihistamine should help and a cool bath. But check you're right about the cause first. Hope she is OK.

frankiemum Thu 18-Sep-08 21:02:41

went to the gp this morning -seems it is an allergy to ammoxcillan . however the anti allergy tabs have done nothing at all despite the gp saying it should start t oclear in 4 or 5 hours and she is covered and says it is painfull -feels realy hot to the touch .
just phoned NHS direct as she is getting upset with it.
waiting for them to call back now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now