Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tongue blisters -what will ease the pain?

(14 Posts)
ja9 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:42:48

Agony. Is there anything i can put on them that i am likely to have in the house?

tia

Beauregard Wed 17-Sep-08 22:43:55

Do you have Hand foot and mouth ?

BoysAreLikeDogskvy Wed 17-Sep-08 22:44:41

I am not an epert, but any sore mouth issue is treated in this house with ice cubes/ice lollies/ice cream

HTH

IamWearingAFalseMoustache Wed 17-Sep-08 22:44:54

Salt if you can bear it. Will sting like a bastard when you put it on but will feel better afterwards.

BoysAreLikeDogskvy Wed 17-Sep-08 22:45:26

epert

wtf is that?

expert

ja9 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:51:14

hand foot and mouth.

hmm

will that get me a day off school? if sp, might have it!

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 22:52:34

I don't think you can get hand, foot and mouth as an adult. I may be wrong though. I'd go to the GP.

ja9 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:53:00

oi, moustache. when does the stinging stop?

ja9 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:54:04

oh, it's calming down...

not sure if less sore than before or just huge relief not to have salt stinging!

Lubyloo Wed 17-Sep-08 22:56:30

What are the symptoms of hand, foot and mouth? DD's tonguen is covered in blisters/ulcers and she has been unwell. What should I be looking for on her feet?

Lubyloo Wed 17-Sep-08 23:00:01

Have just googled it. She has has the general malaise, fever, lack of appetite and today the sores in her mouth. Guess I just wait to see if she gets the sores on her hands and feet.

Beauregard Wed 17-Sep-08 23:24:42

LubyLoo-The spots on the palms and soles of feet may not look like a spot but more of a flat pink under the skin rash.
Does sound like H F and M tbh .

Lubyloo Wed 17-Sep-08 23:36:05

Oh no. She had a couple of flat pink marks on her cheek this afternoon which I thought may have just been midge bites. Can the "mouth" part spread to the cheeks?

I really can't afford to miss any more time off work. I'm being made redundant in a few weeks and need every penny I get get between now and then!

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:29:34

You need to take her to the GP. It's sounding like it could be infectious so let them know, this really does need treatment. I'm not a doctor or a nurse though so I may be wrong but it's better to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now