Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I had a mole removed, and the doc said keep plaster on, and dry for three days... BUT>!!!!

(7 Posts)
IdiotsGuidetoMotherhood Wed 17-Sep-08 15:20:06

I got the plaster wet.. So does that advice still apply? Or should I remove the plaster and put on another one.

I jus thave normal plasters, but I have sterile wipes..

What should do do you think?

ditheringdora Wed 17-Sep-08 15:26:43

Leave on the old plaster and put a new one over it, if you can- otherwise, you may be introducing new germs. There is a brilliant spray you can get from the chemist, can't remember the name but the spray comes out orangey and is great for stopping infection, I think it begins with B.

cupsoftea Wed 17-Sep-08 15:28:28

but a wet plaster? can you ring the doc?

Smittals Wed 17-Sep-08 16:04:15

When I had a mole removed, they covered the wound with spray on plaster, very good stuff it was too. Could you try the Elastoplast spray stuff, I think they do it in boots/supermarkets?

JohnnyTwoHats Wed 17-Sep-08 16:09:30

Don't leave the wet plaster on, it will macerate the skin and it will go soggy and horrible.

saltire Wed 17-Sep-08 16:09:34

Elastoplast do a spray plaster, as do Boots. Ask at a pharmacy, they will be able to advise you on the best thing to do. They may suggest a dry dressing such as melolin instead

JohnnyTwoHats Wed 17-Sep-08 16:11:29

What is on the sterile wipes? TBH I wouldn't use anything like Dettol type stuff on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now