Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy hands and feet

(7 Posts)
misspollysdolly Wed 17-Sep-08 14:40:26

I keep getting unbelivably itchy hands and feet, particularly when they are cold-ish in temperature (though not necessarily).

The itch is intense and almost painful but not relieved by any amount of scratching/rubbing. It's not unlike the sensation you get AFTER you've been stung by nettles - a deep tingling itch.

I have no rash, marks, lumps or bumps before or after scratching and I know it's not a skin problem per se. Am starting to get a bit worried and wondering sbout going to see my GP, though don't want to sound a bit pathetic!!

Does anyone else get this or have any suggestion of what it might be...?

misspollysdolly Wed 17-Sep-08 18:36:36

Anyone...?

iMum Wed 17-Sep-08 18:43:46

Are you pregnant?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 17-Sep-08 19:01:27

could it be an allergic reaction to something you have eaten?

or liver problems can cuase itching due to a build up of bile satls under the skin.

If you've suffered this for ages, I would see your GP to make sure all is well.

misspollysdolly Wed 17-Sep-08 23:21:47

No, not pregnant. I've googled it and the liver problem associated with pregnancy keeps coming up (wasn't sure about liver problems outside pregnancy) as well as athlete's foot, which I know it is not.

Maybe I'll try and see my GP, just to see what he thinks after all...

zippitippitoes Wed 17-Sep-08 23:22:59

it sounds like a circualtyion problem

and or chilblains

zippitippitoes Wed 17-Sep-08 23:24:29

do you drive much

if its cold and you use the car heater on hands and feet or a fan heater underr your desk can exacerbate it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now