Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS1 is not wanitng to go to school, because he has a cold.

(9 Posts)
saltire Wed 17-Sep-08 08:13:09

He sounds quite craoky,a nd his nose is bunged up, he says he has a headahce and sore throat as well. he was like this yesterday. However, he and his brother have been charging round yelling at each toehr since 7am. When i tell him tog et dressed he is shouting that he's not going to school. Can't make up my mind if he not wanting to go because there is something that he doesn't like, or because he feels ill.

Miaou Wed 17-Sep-08 08:14:46

If he's charging around and shouting then I would say he is well enough to go - like most children, it is worth a punt to see if he can get a day off wink

bellavita Wed 17-Sep-08 08:15:49

Tricky one this, but if he has been charging around then I would probably send him.

IMO the school can always ring you if he goes downhill.

compo Wed 17-Sep-08 08:16:41

give him a spoonful of calpol and send him
calpol is just to make him think he's getting special treatment

seeker Wed 17-Sep-08 08:16:42

If he's charging round and yelling then definitely school!

TheInvisibleManDidIt Wed 17-Sep-08 08:17:24

Send him. As bellavita says, the school will phone if he's really not well.

shinyshoes Wed 17-Sep-08 08:18:04

Send him, if he's charging about, he's well enough to go.

The school will phone you if they feel he shouldn't be there.

It's only a cold he'll probably get lotsof them now theweather is changing.

saltire Wed 17-Sep-08 10:57:10

He is there, but not entirely convinced the school will call me if he gets worse. They tend to just say "wait till you get home and telly our aprents" unless the child ahs vomited, had diahorrea or very very obviously ill, like poassed out

seeker Wed 17-Sep-08 14:10:21

But he's not going to get worse, is he? It's a cold! [unsympathetic emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now