Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ok, ok i know its only a cold but....

(13 Posts)
pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:31:48

I seriously feel rough, i have lost my taste and generally feel pretty pants, i also have to contend with my dh saying "it is only a cold" and now he is buggering off until Friday with work.

ARGH!

I am not a baby normally, just despise this particular cold.

I think i need a slap around the chops to clear my snotified head.

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:35:34

You have my sympathy.

I've got a cold and am 38+4w pg. DS also has a cold so is snotty and whingy. DP has now also come down with a cold so of course the world is ending for him.

I'm normally fine with colds but this one is horrible.

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:37:17

PF... We can moan together then eh? smile

I think my brain has been replaced by snot, i mean how much can possibly come out of 1 nose hmm

Reginaphilangy Tue 16-Sep-08 23:38:30

You sound like my dh wink

<<slaps pucca around the chops and walks quickly away>>

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:40:09

Lol Reginaphilangy

It is really that bad though honest. 3rd degree tear = a doddle.... this cold = terrible. wink

Reginaphilangy Tue 16-Sep-08 23:41:02

grin

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:44:54

It's not nice at all.

DS is constantly wiping snot all over me and now I have DP whinging and moaning.

How long have you had it for? mine seems to be easing off now after 3 days.

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:46:46

PF... Feels like forever grin

Since Sunday (i think) i can't truely remember, my brain has turned into snot grin

dd and ds have it too, but wierdly enough ds doesn't seem that bad, dd is though.

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:55:03

My brain has completely given up, whats left of it has definitely turned into snot.

It was about sunday when I got it but I felt rough for a couple of days before.

Was hoping I might go into labour early but now I want it to stay until I feel a bit better, hopefully it won't be too long!

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:57:43

PF... Do lots of walking! good excuse for a shopping trip, i went out shopping for the day and my waters went POP that night.

purpleflower Wed 17-Sep-08 00:01:01

I tried that lol.

We walked for about 3 miles on Sunday, probably what brought the cold on! I really hope it's out soon but I don't think my body will let me while I'm still feeling so run down from the cold.

I did hope the sneezing might make my waters break grin

pucca Wed 17-Sep-08 00:03:31

See i had a section with my ds, but i did go into labour naturally, but i had a show on the Monday and then was in limbo all week getting BHs etc, a very slow build up.

Have you had any signs at all? keep walking, and if you are up to it get smoochy with dp wink

purpleflower Wed 17-Sep-08 00:08:02

I would get all smoochy with DP but worry I'll get covered in snot grin I don't think he's up to it anyway as he is dying hmm

I have had quite a few braxton hicks and my bump has dropped a hell of a lot but no show or anything. DS was a week late and if this one is 6 days late they share a birthday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: