Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ok, ok i know its only a cold but....

(13 Posts)
pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:31:48

I seriously feel rough, i have lost my taste and generally feel pretty pants, i also have to contend with my dh saying "it is only a cold" and now he is buggering off until Friday with work.

ARGH!

I am not a baby normally, just despise this particular cold.

I think i need a slap around the chops to clear my snotified head.

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:35:34

You have my sympathy.

I've got a cold and am 38+4w pg. DS also has a cold so is snotty and whingy. DP has now also come down with a cold so of course the world is ending for him.

I'm normally fine with colds but this one is horrible.

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:37:17

PF... We can moan together then eh? smile

I think my brain has been replaced by snot, i mean how much can possibly come out of 1 nose hmm

Reginaphilangy Tue 16-Sep-08 23:38:30

You sound like my dh wink

<<slaps pucca around the chops and walks quickly away>>

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:40:09

Lol Reginaphilangy

It is really that bad though honest. 3rd degree tear = a doddle.... this cold = terrible. wink

Reginaphilangy Tue 16-Sep-08 23:41:02

grin

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:44:54

It's not nice at all.

DS is constantly wiping snot all over me and now I have DP whinging and moaning.

How long have you had it for? mine seems to be easing off now after 3 days.

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:46:46

PF... Feels like forever grin

Since Sunday (i think) i can't truely remember, my brain has turned into snot grin

dd and ds have it too, but wierdly enough ds doesn't seem that bad, dd is though.

purpleflower Tue 16-Sep-08 23:55:03

My brain has completely given up, whats left of it has definitely turned into snot.

It was about sunday when I got it but I felt rough for a couple of days before.

Was hoping I might go into labour early but now I want it to stay until I feel a bit better, hopefully it won't be too long!

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 23:57:43

PF... Do lots of walking! good excuse for a shopping trip, i went out shopping for the day and my waters went POP that night.

purpleflower Wed 17-Sep-08 00:01:01

I tried that lol.

We walked for about 3 miles on Sunday, probably what brought the cold on! I really hope it's out soon but I don't think my body will let me while I'm still feeling so run down from the cold.

I did hope the sneezing might make my waters break grin

pucca Wed 17-Sep-08 00:03:31

See i had a section with my ds, but i did go into labour naturally, but i had a show on the Monday and then was in limbo all week getting BHs etc, a very slow build up.

Have you had any signs at all? keep walking, and if you are up to it get smoochy with dp wink

purpleflower Wed 17-Sep-08 00:08:02

I would get all smoochy with DP but worry I'll get covered in snot grin I don't think he's up to it anyway as he is dying hmm

I have had quite a few braxton hicks and my bump has dropped a hell of a lot but no show or anything. DS was a week late and if this one is 6 days late they share a birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now