Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swellings a little like mosquito bites on 1year old's face - urgent?

(8 Posts)
ghostbuster Tue 16-Sep-08 19:59:00

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful

Was with DD in the supermarket today, saw a bump near her eye, bit smaller than the nail on my little finger, oval. Sort of like a cross between a mozzie bite and a blister. Anyway, figured she must have bumped herself on the trolley, and it went away within a few hours.

Bathtime tonight - now she has one between her mouth and nose.

Worried because I have no idea what it could be. Not a bite - there is no centre to it and not round. She seems cheerful enough, although has been having temperature (c.38 centigrade) the last couple of nights.

NHS direct "quite exceptionally busy" so planning to put her to bed, and take her to the GP tomorrow if she still has the bump(s).

Anyone think this is negligent and/or have any idea what they could be?

Thanks for reading this far, and for any advice. Will be back in an hour or so once she's asleep to see what people think.

ghostbuster Tue 16-Sep-08 20:40:43

bump

Stinkyfeet Tue 16-Sep-08 20:43:43

Chicken pox? When ds1 had it, I thought the spots were bites at first. If it is - she'll certainly have more by the morning. There are hundreds of threads with tips for dealing with it!!

Aitch Tue 16-Sep-08 20:44:54

i thought dd had been bitten too, the day before she woke up with cpox. if it is, don't take her to the gp. too many pg ladies and chemo patients.

ghostbuster Tue 16-Sep-08 20:48:01

Thanks both. The thing that made me think it wasn't was that the first swelling disappeared after a few hours and I thought cpox came and then stayed until scabbing over.

Do they come and go?

saramoon Tue 16-Sep-08 20:53:24

This happened to my DD1 and i was told by the doc that it was a viral infection and that sometimes it manifested itself in different ways - like lumps and bumps on the skin. Disappeared after a couple of days, was really weird though.

Aitch Tue 16-Sep-08 20:56:45

hmm, no, they don't come and go.

ghostbuster Tue 16-Sep-08 23:06:00

Thanks again. She's asleep and seems fine so will see how she is tomorrow.
Night all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now