Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

When can I go to see my friend and her new baby?

(9 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 10:59:14

I have a throat infection. Dr gave me penicillin yesterday for it.

My friend is in hosp for at least a week after a c-section and being poorly herself, so has baby been poorly.

When will I not be contagious? When can I go and visit?

nickytwotimes Tue 16-Sep-08 11:00:46

I'd give it a week to be safe.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:01:28

shock

oh dear. I am going on holiday at the weekend sad

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:07:13

Any other takers? Or is that the lot?

Damn. I might have to delay my holiday. She is my BF has had a hell of a time and needs as much positive support as she can get.

LilRedWG Tue 16-Sep-08 11:09:24

Call the ward she is on and ask their advice. They will probably just request that you wear a mask and don't kiss your friend. Also get them to ask your friend how she feels about you visiting.

Good luck and have a lovely holiday.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:10:41

LilRed - thank you. She and baby are on antibiotics, she wants me to come up and thinks it is fine! But she is not a Dr!

I will call the ward, good idea.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:16:59

YEY! I just called the ward.

48 hours from starting the antibiotics, then I can go up, as long as I feel well myself!

So not today, as I dont feel great but compared to yesterday I feel marvelous. But tomorrow evening I will probably be able to go to see her!!!

Thank Lilred, great advice.

LilRedWG Tue 16-Sep-08 11:26:06

Enjoy your snuggles with the new baby.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 15:22:02

Thanks LilRed - I am going to have snuggles with the new baby, get broody, then I am going to stay

for one night

then for 4 nights I am going

here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: