Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When can I go to see my friend and her new baby?

(9 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 10:59:14

I have a throat infection. Dr gave me penicillin yesterday for it.

My friend is in hosp for at least a week after a c-section and being poorly herself, so has baby been poorly.

When will I not be contagious? When can I go and visit?

nickytwotimes Tue 16-Sep-08 11:00:46

I'd give it a week to be safe.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:01:28

shock

oh dear. I am going on holiday at the weekend sad

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:07:13

Any other takers? Or is that the lot?

Damn. I might have to delay my holiday. She is my BF has had a hell of a time and needs as much positive support as she can get.

LilRedWG Tue 16-Sep-08 11:09:24

Call the ward she is on and ask their advice. They will probably just request that you wear a mask and don't kiss your friend. Also get them to ask your friend how she feels about you visiting.

Good luck and have a lovely holiday.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:10:41

LilRed - thank you. She and baby are on antibiotics, she wants me to come up and thinks it is fine! But she is not a Dr!

I will call the ward, good idea.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:16:59

YEY! I just called the ward.

48 hours from starting the antibiotics, then I can go up, as long as I feel well myself!

So not today, as I dont feel great but compared to yesterday I feel marvelous. But tomorrow evening I will probably be able to go to see her!!!

Thank Lilred, great advice.

LilRedWG Tue 16-Sep-08 11:26:06

Enjoy your snuggles with the new baby.

PavlovtheCat Tue 16-Sep-08 15:22:02

Thanks LilRed - I am going to have snuggles with the new baby, get broody, then I am going to stay

for one night

then for 4 nights I am going

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now