Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

chicken pox-urgent

(7 Posts)
mama2leah Mon 15-Sep-08 10:56:51

my sis in law had chicken pox, its all crusted over an comin to and end

i been invited to my mates house for dinner today, BUT i dunno if i have chicken pox, its been 15 days since she had it... the mate is pregnant...

do i go?

TrinityRhino Mon 15-Sep-08 10:58:18

how pregnant is she
its in the forst three months that it may cause a problem

alos I think you would have had spots by now
if only yesterday or today
I think its 2 weeks incubation or something

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 15-Sep-08 11:00:36

Risky if she is not immune and less than 20 weeks or very close to delivery. Give her a ring and ask if she's had it.

mama2leah Mon 15-Sep-08 11:02:14

she due now

mama2leah Mon 15-Sep-08 11:03:02

im not takin my sister in law, i am going, i have had it before..but now im wonderin if i carry it..my daughter hasnt had it, she is 7 weks, but fully breastfeed

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Sep-08 11:03:38

If she is due now, don't go to see her if you think there is a chance you could have it.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 15-Sep-08 11:12:48

Are you taking the baby? She may be incubating it. It's not unheard of for a baby to get it even if breastfed.

I had CP in pregnancy. It was grim and I was in the 'safe' period. I wouldn't go personally.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: