Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, if you made and ate some banana bread and then found mould on the outside of the bag of flour....

(8 Posts)
LittleMyDancing Sun 14-Sep-08 20:54:57

.....would you be worried?

As far as I can see the flour itself isn't mouldy, but there is some green mould on the outside of the bag. Two other bags of flour in the cupboard are VERY mouldy and I have thrown them all out.

Would cooking kill any toxins? Should I be worried that I (12 weeks pg) and my 2 yo son both had some?

girlsnextdoor Sun 14-Sep-08 20:55:46

nah...you'll be fine.

twoluvlykids Sun 14-Sep-08 20:56:55

um, i wouldn't worry, but i wouldn't eat any more of it, give it to the birds/dog. if you or dc ill within 24/48 hours,go to doc.

LittleMyDancing Mon 15-Sep-08 09:09:22

Well, we're all still alive, so far. I think you're right about not eating any more, which is a shame, as it was really nice!

Read some scary stuff about mycotoxins on the net though (note to self - never research strange poisons on the internet) so I think it might be best not to eat it just in case.

sad

PeppermintPatty Mon 15-Sep-08 09:25:33

I've eaten mouldy bread before (well it was actually toast). By the time I realised it was mouldy I'd already eaten half of it sad

I was fine. I just felt a little repulsed.

MinkyBorage Mon 15-Sep-08 09:31:27

I'd eat it! It's on the outside of the bag! The cake's been cooked, be a real waste to throw it away. No one's going to get sick!!

LittleMyDancing Mon 15-Sep-08 10:21:18

I'm kind of nervous now, what with being pregnant and all.

grin

Overmydeadbody Mon 15-Sep-08 10:23:15

Mouls won't kill you though, don't worry about it.

It was only on the outside of the bag, and the cake's been cooked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now