Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What on earth is wrong with me? Very worried

(14 Posts)
lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 20:23:18

I keep getting tummy aches, on two occasions they have been so severe I have thought I had possible appendicitis. When I get an 'attack' I'm doubled up in pain, have had two of these severe ones in the last 6 months, other times I get an uncomfortable tummy ache. When I feel fine, I'm absoloutely fine, even when I get a tummy ache I can carry on as normal, just the severe ones put me out of action, as I struggle to walk about.

Tonight I was thinking about it in the bath as I had an uncomfortable feeling inside, I'm not sure how to explain this but I could feel a small spot like lump inside my vagina, its if you push your finger up I think its my cervix(?) is that the one you can feel another opening on? I feel stupid but I've never really done that before (feeling inside) but I'm terrified now, that I have something awful. I've always been good with my smear tests but realised tonight I should have had one last year and I forgot. I'm going to make the appointment tomorrow. With all this in the press about Jade Goody, I'm really scared.

To make things worse I'm going through a horrid break up from my husband. He told me this afternoon that he hated me, says I pushed him into having kids and marriage and he can not wait to start again to have a wife he loves and kids who he can bring up how he wants!!

What a day sad

lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 20:31:41

anyone?

lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 20:34:20

?

RubySlippers Sun 14-Sep-08 20:35:45

firstly, what an awful day for you with your DH - i am very sorry

it may not be anything to do with your cervix etc but perhaps something like IBS

you should go to your GP as well as booking a smear

try not to panic - hard i know

smile

Rubyrubyruby Sun 14-Sep-08 20:37:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

avenanap Sun 14-Sep-08 20:39:47

sad What a bad day! I'm not sure about the tummy ache, your GP's the best person to see. Your cervix is at the top of your vagins, it feels a bit like a tight donut, it's a ring shape. I don't know about the spot, there are alot of pores there so one could be blocked? It isn't likely to be uterine cancer, there are lots of other symptoms for this, weightloss, bleeding etc.

Your husband sounds like an arsehole. It was an evil thing to say. He sounds very angry, it's not your fault.

Joolyjoolyjoo Sun 14-Sep-08 20:41:09

I wsa going to say IBS. I used to get terrible stomach pains like this when I was a teenager- a couple of times I was rushed in with suspected appendicitis, especially as I used to vomit violently roughly every 20 minutes when I had them. They put it down to IBS/ stress, but it was horrible. Haven't had one in years, thankfully. Could it be stress related?

As for the lump, it could be your cervix- at certain angles when you are sitting it can push down slightly. Probably worth getting a smear test organised anyway, then they can reassure you that it all looks normal.

Sounds like you are having a stressful time sad

popmum Sun 14-Sep-08 20:41:32

could be gallstones? are they linked to partiuclar foods do you think?

cocolepew Sun 14-Sep-08 20:43:58

Lulu I answered you on the other thread.

OlderNotWiser Sun 14-Sep-08 20:49:12

My mum has similar occasional intense tummy pain and it turned out to be diverticulitis - very treatable, not as scary as it sounds, but painful. Not related to vaginal stuff...that sounds a separate issue to me, tho Im not a doctor! Have to say, if I have a feel inside its so lumpy and bumpy these days (post children) I wish I hadn't! Could just be that it feels wierd because you aren't used to having a poke around...? But get it all checked out to be on the safe side because we're all guessing! Sounds like you are having a horrible time too... I hope things get better for you soon.

morningpaper Sun 14-Sep-08 20:55:16

Look up Stomach Migraines

Ask GP

I get 'stomach migraines' (rarely but occasionally) and it is just AWFUL, I can't move, I am a total mess

Sometimes Merbentyl sorts me out - also valium and ibruprofen, preferably all of them and 12 hours sleep grin

It is brought on for me by eating dairy - it's a 'mare

girlsnextdoor Sun 14-Sep-08 20:58:16

the vagina is made up of folds and muscles in both directions- the lump is prob normal- and your cervix should be about 3-4inches inside your vagina. Best go to drs and get checked.

lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 21:04:55

so the cervix is 3-4 cm in? that must be it, it has the little pimple type spot on it, what could it be?

morningpaper Sun 14-Sep-08 21:36:59

they can be bumpy and a bit mashed up and they do change a bit IME

as long as you are up to date with smears you should be fine

see your doc to put your mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now