Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sinusitis or tooth abscess?

(6 Posts)
Spink Sun 14-Sep-08 12:15:44

I know, I should just make a dentist appointment and find out properly, but I'm trying to decide if it can wait til Weds (when I don't work) or, if it sounds like an abscess, if I need an emergency dental appt..

So.
I have had a dull continuous ache just below my cheekbone / top right teeth. since yesterday. Gradually got more persistent. Doesn't seem to be a particular tooth, and it doesn't hurt more to chew on that side, tho they are a bit sensitive to cold.
It hurts lots more when I bend my head down.

I had a big cold a couple of weeks ago and was very snotty, but that has pretty much all cleared up and apart from feeling knackered and run down generally I am back to normal.

I'm 23 weeks pg and have an 18 month old, btw, so the tiredness is not out of the ordinary really..

Any advice gratefully received!

tatt Sun 14-Sep-08 12:23:17

try a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head. Breathing steam would possibly improve sinusitis. If there is any where open near you that sells decondestant nasal sprays (or even fishermen's friends grin) that might also show if its sinusitis.

Spink Sun 14-Sep-08 16:36:39

I'll steam in a bit.. good idea

DoubleBluff Sun 14-Sep-08 16:39:26

Do you get a clicky sound in your head when you move it up and down? If so could be sinusitus?
I have had both, with an abcess it hurt to chew or press on affected teeth so i would guess sinuses?!

littlelapin Sun 14-Sep-08 16:46:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Spink Sun 14-Sep-08 18:34:56

cross infection?? my god it can get worse??? littlelapin my heart goes out to you..

no clicky sound, but pushing on the teeth is actually kind of nice.

I'm going to see how I sleep and then feel tomorrow morning, got a really busy day at work that would be a monkey to cancel and rearrange.. do you reckon a delay of one day will actually result in my jawbone disintegrating and my teeth falling out? My mum's reaction was - ah yes that is the growing baby taking calcium from you, you'll lose your teeth for sure..

there will be steam and paracetemol in this house tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now