Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My feet hurt, pretty sure its plantar flacititis(or something),

(12 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 13-Sep-08 23:37:20

I have had bad heel pain since ds1 was born 3 years ago, periodically Ive put ice on my feet, and got insoles to help with the pain, I have found the only thing that helps is to wear crocs...
Does anyone know if I need to go and actually get this looked at. I know this sounds lame but I am loathe to do this as it's difficult organising time off (am a childminder) and dread carting two under fours to appointments...
Is there anything I can do myself to solve this?

asicsgirl Sun 14-Sep-08 20:03:36

i tried all sorts inclusding physio to cure my plantar fasciitis but the only thing that helped was getting referred to a chiropodist who made me custom orthotics (insoles). these completely changed my life and i was back to running, dancing etc with no pain. totally recommend seeing a chiropodist, get gp to refer you, it is worth it! good luck and you have my sympathy, i know how much it hurts...

piratecat Sun 14-Sep-08 20:07:39


just putting dd to bed, but thought yo might like to read my thread about this very thing, the other week.

to update, i bought some insoles in scholl shop, and they do seemto be helping.

sorry this is short, take care.

maidamess Sun 14-Sep-08 20:07:43

I suffered badly last year, to the point where I could barely walk when I got up in the morning.

Do regular calf stretches when you are lying in bed to lengthen the muscles, i.e, flex your feet pushing your heels away.

I bought some off the peg orthotic arch supports from Boots which were a godsend, they really stretched my arch and solved the problem in a couple of months.

salsmum Sun 14-Sep-08 20:21:58

I dont know if it'll help but i put a 'postmans foot HELP thread on here...the croc advice did help for all you fellow sufferers out there you have my sympathies...good luck x

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 14-Sep-08 21:42:32

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I will give the boots supports a go and if that doesn't work I will go and get an appointment to see the chiropodist. Thanks again smile

bloss Sun 14-Sep-08 21:58:02

Message withdrawn

aquariusgirl Sun 14-Sep-08 22:16:11

i had it and the best thing was a steroid injection - very painful but relief for three months. Then it eventually disappeared.

christywhisty Sun 14-Sep-08 23:45:39

I had it very badly last summer, what cured it in the end was taking ice treatment and taking ibroprufen for 2 weeks. Ibroprufen is an anti inflamority and will reduce the inflamation in the tendon.> My chiropodist also said wear soft soles ie crocs, never walk barefoot on hard floors.

reikimarie Tue 16-Sep-08 18:59:52

I had that once and I got the special insoles from a really competent osteopath. It really helped, but what helped best of all was losing two stone in weight and then it just vanished!

I also recommend the osteopath advising me to wear trainers a lot, but you might want to ask that as well.

I remember the pain so best of luck with it! It was a devil to go and I had it for ages but the insoles really did alleviate a lot.

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 16-Sep-08 21:18:05

gosh ,well done for losing 2 stone! I think mine was caused by wearing really flat shoes with no bounce in the soles all summer when i was pregnant. I will definitely start off with ice and insoles for a couple of weeks, and see if that does anything, and if not go and see someone, thanks for the advice anyone!

hotbot Wed 17-Sep-08 20:37:07

i ahd pf,, and my mum a podiatrist gave me acupuncture.. it worked and ive had no pain since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now