Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone have herpes?

(3 Posts)
fangitis Sat 13-Sep-08 22:59:02

Namechanged for obvious reasons.

I am wondering -and have done here previously, if I have herpes.

I have had a problem about 5 times. It usually happens if I miss a shower or bath one day, a few dyas later I get a small intensly sore area somewhere around my bits.

I am very tired and stressed just now and have had a sore bit for over a week. And I am very sad and upset by it.

it seems to hhave started after my first birth- can one catch herpes from MW/DRs etc?

Am just struggling with the intense intching and sorenes and upset it isn't going away, I've had this bout for about 6 days now.
GRRRR sad

avenanap Sun 14-Sep-08 00:02:09

Is it not thrush or just an irritation? Have you been to see the GP? It may not be herpes. You can't catch this off medical staff, it's an STI. sad Pop and see the GP. If it is herpes then it will keep coming back. it may be something else though. There's only one way to find out.

AnnasBananas Sun 14-Sep-08 20:58:28

I would say it doesn't sound like herpes. Herpes is spread by direct contact with some who has the virus. It could not realistically be passed on by medical staff. Sounds like a type on infection either fungal (thrush) or bacterial. Herpes doesn't tend to itch; more burning/painful/throbing and most cases are completely healed within 7 to 10 days. Go and see your GP and try not to worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now