Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quite grim and possibly TMI but really heavy period, advice/reassurance needed!

(4 Posts)
ChirpyGirl Sat 13-Sep-08 12:36:14

Can't think of anyone in RL I can go to for this but...
This is only my second period since before having DD1, so for nearly 3 and a half years. Since this morning I have flooded a super plus tampon every hour and a half, am having to wear a pad as well. I am a bit concerned but not sure if I should be or not!

Is this normal amount? before hvaing DD's I was on the pill or injection and it was never this bad. Have a Mirena coil in now, but I though that was supposed to make them lighter.

Can't stay online as am on own with DD's downstairs but please let me know if this is normal or if you woudl be worried enough to call someone and I'll check back in a bit, tia

cece Sat 13-Sep-08 12:46:28

I used to flood after half an hour with an extra super plus tampon but that was me.

TBH if it is not normal for you then perhaps you should go see your GP before you get your next period. They can give you drugs to reduce it.

ChirpyGirl Sat 13-Sep-08 12:53:52

thanks cece, I rememebr them being really heavy when I was a teenager which is why I went on the pill and had mefenamic acid (I think!) but can't rememebr what 'really heavy' was for me back then!
Reassuring to know that it can happen though.

cece Sat 13-Sep-08 17:41:08

Look here to see what is considered normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now