Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had a boob job and then had a baby afterwards?

(12 Posts)
electra Sat 13-Sep-08 12:19:47

I had a breast aug a while ago. I have two children already (both of whom I breast fed) but now I'm pregnant again with an unplanned third child (only about 9 weeks). In my previous pregnancies my boobs didn't really change until I had given birth and my milk came in. This time, however they are massive already and quite uncomfortable.

My questions are;

did you have any problems breastfeeding after surgery?

are they likely to sag more if you aren't careful due to weight of the implant?

TIA

FabioBigBangBlackHole Sat 13-Sep-08 14:32:06

I think you need to speak to your surgeon - I don't know much about it but my limited understanding is that there are more than one method of breast augmentation.

Where the implant is sited (in front/behind muscle?) can affect bfing.

Congrats on no.3!

BigBazookas Sat 13-Sep-08 14:37:12

Hi there - have namechanged to answer your post!

Yes I had a boob job over 10 years ago - quite a few years before having ds1.

Implant was put in underneath the boob. I was worried about bf too but had gallons of milk! Had other problems but I don't think they were connected in any way to the surgery.

No they don't sag - I am pg again and boobs are so painful wearing a bra that I often go without and no-one notices!

HTH

electra Sat 13-Sep-08 20:31:14

Hi, I had overs (over the muscle) and incisions under the breast. I'm glad to hear yours haven't sagged BB, as I had this done to rectify the damage 4 years of breast feeding had done! I had nothing left.

electra Sat 13-Sep-08 20:33:06

My surgeon did say at the time that I should be able to breast feed after I had the operation should I ever get pregnant again.

electra Sun 14-Sep-08 10:31:09

anyone else?

iwantasecondone Sun 14-Sep-08 10:44:23

Mine got bloody enormous but had no problems feeding. Mine were under muscle. Still BF so dont know!

electra Sun 14-Sep-08 10:45:42

Yes mine have swelled up already - very odd, didn't have this last time...

lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 20:37:19

My bf had one about 6 years ago and had her ds2 last year, she bf DD1 but could not bf dd2 (but she does admit she did not try all that hard!!) her boobs don't look any different

lulabelle Sun 14-Sep-08 20:38:17

My bf had one about 6 years ago and had her ds2 last year, she bf DD1 but could not bf dd2 (but she does admit she did not try all that hard!!) her boobs don't look any different to before she had ds2.

littlelapin Sun 14-Sep-08 20:39:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

electra Tue 16-Sep-08 09:38:57

Thanks for replies smile Yes I think if you have a reduction it makes bf less likely because they have to cut the milk ducts then, but I'm hoping I will be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now