Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can i talk about my ugly mole please, advice please

(5 Posts)
Marne Fri 12-Sep-08 17:45:16

I have an ugly mole on my back, i have had it since i was a child and have had it checked out (6 years ago), anyway it used to be flat and now its large and sticky outy hmm, i spoke to the gp (2 years ago) about getting it removed but he advised me not to as it would leeve a scar bigger than the mole. Anyway its getting uglier and when i sit back in a chair i can feel it.

Should i go and see my GP and order him to get it removed?

Will it hurt? (i am a wimp)

I just wan't it gone so i don't have to worrt about it and the risk of skin cancer etc..

Lazarou Fri 12-Sep-08 17:47:16

If it's causing you pain then it is possible they will remove it for you, otherwise you will have to pay.
It doesn't hurt, the only thing that stings is the anaesthetic. The scar will fade evetually, but as it is on your back it's not really an issue. Much better to lop it off than suffer with it.

Marne Fri 12-Sep-08 17:53:31

Im not worried about the scar (i was before), im covered in scars and stretch marks so one more won't hurt. It is painful today and i have knocked it a few times.

Winetimeisfinetime Fri 12-Sep-08 18:03:00

Does your gp surgery do minor operations ? Mine does and they seem quite happy to remove moles and other lumps and bumps even if it is only for cosmetic reasons. I would go back and stress that it is causing you discomfort and that you want it removed and that the scar isn't an issue.

It won't be painful - tiny scratch when they do the local anaesthetic and that's about it.

SallyLW Sat 13-Sep-08 18:24:18

I would ask for a referral to a dermatologist. I had a mole frozen off.Previously cut out and grew back. Dermatologist who I saw second time around said it should never have been cut out as there was no need for the scarring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now