Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dd says it hurts when she wees

(20 Posts)
sallystrawberry Wed 23-Feb-05 19:08:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SeaShells Wed 23-Feb-05 19:15:01

My DS recently had an infection, didn't get a test done, the doctor just gave him antibiotics, he too would go then say he needed it again and try to go then nothing would come out, over and over again, drove us up the wall in the end.

The doctor recommended that he drink lots of water.

HappyMumof2 Wed 23-Feb-05 19:16:41

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Wed 23-Feb-05 19:24:26

Hi Sallystrawberry

As I understand it, the wee test would only be positive if she has a bacterial infection.. she could have viral cystitis which won't show up on a test.. so won't respond to antibitics.. just lots to drink. Or something the doctor could prescribe which is like Cystopurin but for children. I used to get water infections a lot as a little girl.

Hope she is better soon.

SJ x

sallystrawberry Wed 23-Feb-05 19:30:06

sallystrawberry Wed 23-Feb-05 19:31:30

sunchowder Wed 23-Feb-05 19:34:02

Sally, try to give her a warm bath with Aveeno Oatmeal for a start. This should soothe here if she scratched down there and make it easier for her to go. I had to use a hormone creme on my DD as the skin started to grow together down there and close the little hole up. I had never heard of this before, but apparently it is a condition that can happen with a bit of a hormone imbalance. Good luck!

HappyMumof2 Wed 23-Feb-05 19:39:16

Message withdrawn

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Feb-05 12:36:06

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Feb-05 12:55:15

HappyMumof2 Thu 24-Feb-05 13:01:34

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Thu 24-Feb-05 13:06:59

drinking weak lemon barley neutralises the wee so it doesn't sting

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Feb-05 13:07:07

21stcenturygirl Thu 24-Feb-05 13:11:56

Also crap about the sudocream - My dd2 has been out of nappies for 2 years now and I still use Sudocream on her. Its the only thing that seems to work when she complains that it hurts down there.

cat82 Thu 24-Feb-05 13:13:00

I agree SallyStrawberry, sounds alot like cystitis to me, poor mite.
Try lots and lots of water and some cranberry juice, It helps me when i get it.
Hope she feels better soon!

xx

HappyMumof2 Thu 24-Feb-05 13:16:24

Message withdrawn

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Feb-05 13:20:44

tomps Thu 24-Feb-05 13:22:16

tummy hurting + wee hurting sounds like possible urinary tract infection - I've always found this advice very useful whatreallyworks follow cystitis link, though more aimed at adults. Good luck with this, my dd also complained of sore wees, though not for long, but then almost gave up weeing during the day ! NB I gave her Apis 30 homeopathic remedy.

tomps Thu 24-Feb-05 13:23:45

sallystrawberry I'm not in any way a medical person, just remembered the connection between sore wees and sore tummy from when dd complained of the same thing. Hope she's feeling much better soon.

noddyholder Thu 24-Feb-05 13:24:07

cranbery can stop the bugs clinging to the sides if the bladder and so they can't take hold My docs have said it is better for prevention than cure Thelemon barley really works if you drink enough but you still need abs to kill it HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now