Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mid-cycle bleeding, am worried now. Any idea why?

(9 Posts)
bebespain Fri 12-Sep-08 09:45:15

Hi

My periods have been very irregular since having DS but lately I´ve had bleeding/spotting some 14-16 days into my cycle. For example I had my period start 24th Aug and the spotting started again yesterday sad

Has anyone else experienced this? What could it be? I must say its starting to really worry me now.

I have an appointment to see a Gynae here in Spain at the end of the month (am dreading it). Anyone any idea what I can expect...?

I am not on the pill

murphyslaw Fri 12-Sep-08 13:58:31

I had this 2 years ago - you really need to check it out. For me it turned out to be hormones in havoc and at the same time was diagnosed with endometriosis.

I am sure it will all settle down and I wish you the best of luck.

lazymumofteenagesons Fri 12-Sep-08 14:00:20

I went through this for a while, it was spotting rather than bleeding. Gynae said it was probably what they call an ovulation bleed because of the timing. He offered to put me on pill to suppress ovulation and then bleeding should stop. However, I didn't take it and after a few months it settled down on its own.

It is important to have it checked out to ensure its nothing sinister.

Marne Fri 12-Sep-08 14:03:31

I had this 6 months ago, wen't to the gp ,he wanted to put me on the pill to sort it out, i refused and it sorted itself out but do get it checked out.

bebespain Fri 12-Sep-08 16:03:11

Thanks ladies!

murphyslaw - Hope you don´t mind me asking how did they diagnose endometriosis?

murphyslaw Fri 12-Sep-08 16:16:37

laproscopy (not sure about the spelling here!)

Had a few procedures done at the same time (d&c and removal of surface of cervix)

I was experiencing bleeding inbetween periods, dreadful tummy pain and painful intercourse sad it was really miserable.

Things have settled down thank god. Dont take pills just keep diet under control to minimise pain.

bebespain Fri 12-Sep-08 16:21:28

Hopefully its nothing that serious as I have no other symptoms...fingers crossed

Glad to hear things have settled down for you, it must have been awful

SparklyGothKat Fri 12-Sep-08 16:23:13

I have had 3 periods since having Ds2, and having the coil fitted, and am bleeding in between my periods too. i thought it was ovulation, as I get CM and pains at the same time. Never had it before tho.. still thinking about having the coil removed as I am havong very heavy, painful periods now

Neeerly3 Fri 12-Sep-08 16:27:03

i had mid cycle spotting while on the pill - have done for a few years, doc always said, it's "breakthrough" bleeding and would change my pill and it never helped. I also get period pains mid cycle and painful having sex, but none of this was taken into account.

My mum has very bad endometriosis, so wondering if its that, but currently pregnant so will have to wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now