Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

9 month old with d and v bug

(5 Posts)
Knakard Fri 12-Sep-08 07:44:18

Does anyone have any advice as to how i can help him feel any better or cheer him up. Ive just got over it my self so know how bloody miserable he must feel. All i wanted to do was sleep when it was me but he cant seem to settle have been up since 4am. I think part of the reason he cant settle is that he really like complete silence and no one in room to sleep but i darent leave him alone as when i went in at 4am this morning he was choking on his sick.
All he seems to want is breast feed but is then overfilling and throwing up everywhere again which he is finding really upsetting.
Also what is good solids wise to feed a poorly tummy at his age?
Sorry for all the questions this is the first time hes really been poorly.

Sexonlegs Fri 12-Sep-08 07:50:51

Morning.

You poor thing. Tis a nightmare.

Dd2 had a gastro bug when she was 10 months, and luckily she did just want to sleep.

I didn't give her anything other than sips of cool boiled water, as she was just puking milk back up.

Once she had stopped being sick, but had the d part still, she just had small amounts of food such as banana, bread, and pasta.

It is just important to keep them hydrated.

Hope he feels better soon.

Knakard Fri 12-Sep-08 10:34:12

Thanks finally got him to have a half our nap. So ill just keep giving water then. Any other tips gratfully accepted

Sexonlegs Fri 12-Sep-08 19:12:42

How is your little fella now?

Knakard Fri 12-Sep-08 21:39:31

Alot better thanks seems to have been a 24hr thing. thanks for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now