Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nettle rash??

(1 Post)
redheadmum Wed 23-Feb-05 15:04:39

hi there

my Dd is 28 months, never had an allergy or rash up to this point.

A few months ago she developed a very bad nappy rash and then spots on her face which were itchy (she kept scratching them). I've never been able to satisfactorily get rid of either - tried homeopathy to strong creams.

Last week she came out in hives. When I went to the GP she said it was nettle rash which is connected to either a virus or food allergy. She suspected food allergy, though I can't think of anything she's had that is different from her normal diet.

It started to go away, but the hives have come back again (all down her legs, trunk, arms and face) and she also has an eye infection. Again, she's not had anything to eat that is different from normal. She's well, no fever etc. The nurse saw her this time and confirmed that it's not measles or chicken pox.

anyone else had this?? I'm not sure what to do for the best any advice/tips??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now