Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urge incontinence?

(6 Posts)
savetheplanetdontiron Wed 10-Sep-08 10:15:50

Hi, I'm 41 and def not pregnant. i had a baby just under a year ago and had this in pg - where you are desperate to wee all the time but there's nothing there or not much when you go. it came back suddenly yesterday. i'm not overweight - don't know if that makes a difference anyway - i do pelvic floor exercises on and off but more recently cos back aching. i'm seeing gp in 10 days for sthg else so will mention if not gone away but has anyone else had this suddenly come back??

thank god for mumsnet cannot imagine asking RL friends about this! blush

kaylasmum Wed 10-Sep-08 11:54:22

Hi, i've been like this for the last week, i went to see my gp last Friday and she tested my urine as i thought i had a urine infection but it was fine. I suffer from anxiety and i'm beginning to think that maybe thats the problem. I've also got a nagging pain in the pelvic area, i usually get this before a period but this has been going on for more than a week now so not sure what to think. I'm trying to wait as long as i can inbetween visits to the toilet but i have this constant urge to go.

Sorry i have'nt helped, just thought you might like to know that you're not the only one with this problem.

jalopy Wed 10-Sep-08 11:55:20

Might it be caused by a urine infection?

BalloonSlayer Wed 10-Sep-08 16:40:11

I have had this.

I had treatment which helped, a drug the name of which I forget but which also dries your mouth and makes you sound like Marge Simpson, but does work.

I asked all the doctors I saw whether it could be hormonal, as I had noticed it got worse at certain times of the month. They all looked at me as if I was mad.

I remember it getting worse when I came off the pill, then worse still when I went back on it again. And yes I am a very anxious person so that may have had an effect too.

But the real reason I know it is hormonal for me is that I never suffered from it when pg or in the time before my periods re-started when breastfeeding. I even managed to predict when my first period after DS1 would arrive because of suddenly being desperate for a wee after having no symptoms for a wonderful 16 months. For someone who had worried herself sick about the effect pregnancy would have on my dodgy bladder this was nothing short of miraculous.

So I would advise thinking about whether you have just gone back on the pill/coil or making a note as to when in your cycle you have most problems. And remember that there is help out there, you just have to ask.

bumbling Wed 10-Sep-08 16:47:23

Umm when I had what you're describing it was cystitis (sp?!). You can over the counter it right now or go to the gp to get a diagnosis and precription. Depends if you can face waiting for the GP appt...

Carmenere Wed 10-Sep-08 16:50:33

Go and buy sachets of Cystapurin or other cystitus remedies. they work really fast. Drink loads of water and cranberry juice is good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now