Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vitamins for 16mth old?

(6 Posts)
Frizbe Tue 22-Feb-05 23:18:05

Wondering if anyone can help on this one? Can I give any vitamins/tonic type things to dd 16mths? reason is, she has had bug, after bug since going back to nursery in Jan, I'm currently waiting to see if her current cold, with horrible puffy eyes (which quack has said is nothing to worry about....) result in Chicken Pox, as this is going around....I need to get her fit and well so she can have her bloomin jabs.....any ideas? she's had Pharangitis, followed by a constant snivle, and now has gone down with this latest thing? (as yet unnamed?) help!

Frizbe Wed 23-Feb-05 11:06:43

bump!

Furball Wed 23-Feb-05 11:26:16

The only vitamins I think they can have at this age are the basic A C & D ones like Abidec or Boots own brand .

FairyMum Wed 23-Feb-05 11:28:10

I give multi-vitamins for kids and cod liver oil. Cod liver oil from 5 weeks.

suzywong Wed 23-Feb-05 11:40:45

I've just started mulit vitamins with my 18mo old

there's a MNer on here whose dad is a renowned nutritionist and he says everyone should take a vitiamin supplement everyday

Frizbe Wed 23-Feb-05 15:00:53

cool thanks folkes, I shall be off to get some, in the hope of assisting this cold on its way! I thought I saw something on a thread the otherday about that Suzywong, glad you confirmed I'm not seeing things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now