Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone suggest anything for greasy skin?

(6 Posts)
saramoon Tue 09-Sep-08 20:38:41

Have always had greasy skin that is prone to spots - esp round period time. After I had my DDs I found that for a year or so my skin really improved and was pretty clear. The last few months though I'm having spots come up any time of the month - although worse in the week before my period. Feeling really annoyed as i am 35 and thought i would be over this by now. A couple of weeks ago i bought a new moisturiser from No7 for greasy skin which claims to keep skin oil free all day. Rubbish, i am using oil blotting sheets every day too.
Thought about having a facial every month but it is so expensive. See a dermatologist? Don't know what to do next. I don't smoke, rarely drink and have recently tried to really cut down my sugar consumption. Will I have to suffer for ever?

MadamAnt Tue 09-Sep-08 20:48:00

Witch oil-free moisturising gel is quite good (it's not actually a gel, but a light cream). It also has UV protection, which lots of 'oily skin' moisturisers seem to lack.

If you're really desperate you could go on Dianette (combination pill) which is pretty much guaranteed to clear up oily/spotty skin.

saramoon Tue 09-Sep-08 20:54:45

OMG I went on Dianette a few years ago before children and initially my skin got worse!!! Did get a bit better but taking the pill (have tried a few diff ones) makes me feel awful.
I'll look out for the Witch stuff.

misi Tue 09-Sep-08 23:45:15

ketsugo, a natural product also helps greatly, balances the oil ducts in your skin.
www.ketsugo.co.uk/

Pawslikepaddington Wed 10-Sep-08 00:00:29

Expensive but the only thing that has ever worked for me is l'Occitane. My skin is oily on my nose and chin, dry but ridiculously over-sensitive on my cheeks, normal but sensitive on my neck and oily but sensitive on my forehead. It's brilliant!

Uriel Wed 10-Sep-08 00:07:55

Have you tried cutting down on your fat consumption too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now