Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! - sore cuticle

(3 Posts)
wilchil64 Tue 09-Sep-08 17:11:28

Does anyone know what I can do - I put my hand in my pocket earlier and my pencil was in there with a sharp tip. It stuck into my finger cuticle and the tip broke off and has stayed under my cuticle. It's my right hand, which isn't helping. I can't get the bit of pencil lead out with a needle or tweezers. At the moment I've soaked it in warm soapy water and put Germolene and a plaster on to prevent infection. Any ideas what I can do? Will it grow out with the nail and cuticle eventually?
Thanks.

CostaRicanCod Tue 09-Sep-08 20:15:19

wilchil64 Wed 10-Sep-08 12:18:40

Well, I still can't get the bit of pencil tip out from under my cuticle. It doesn't hurt unless I press on it, I've taken the plaster off for now. I asked my husband to help me last night, but he's a wuss and couldn't bear the thought of it, let alone look at it! My friend is coming for coffee this afternoon and she's a nurse, so I might ask her to help me get it out. I just wondered if anyone knew of anything that would "draw" it out, some special cream or hot water or something ....?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now