Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does a kidney infection feel like?

(11 Posts)
Phono Tue 09-Sep-08 09:54:13

Message withdrawn

Dropdeadfred Tue 09-Sep-08 10:02:06

I would go back to the GPs Phono...back ache does seem a strong indicator of kidney infection...poor you, you are really in the wars lately!!!

Nbg Tue 09-Sep-08 10:03:51

You can have really bad stomach pains, temp, passing out, pain when you need to wee, not being able to wee etc.

I have had loads.

Blackduck Tue 09-Sep-08 10:07:10

What does a kidney infection feel like? Bl**dy painful grin

Umlellala Tue 09-Sep-08 10:11:24

Unbelievably painful. Back pain and feeling very hot (IME). Had one in first preg and was honestly probably the most pain I have ever felt. Was crawling to the cab. Which is why I thought I had a kidney infection again this time when in fact I was in later stages of labour blush! (in my defense, contractions never properly started... even the dr thought it was uti)

Poor you - def go back to doctors.

Phono Tue 09-Sep-08 10:12:17

Message withdrawn

Nbg Tue 09-Sep-08 10:14:06

I would say no bad pain is a good sign grin

They are horrid.
The very first bad one I had was mistaken for a miscarriage and then appendictis hmm

Phono Tue 09-Sep-08 10:15:04

Message withdrawn

Charlee Tue 09-Sep-08 10:15:26

Ah kidney infections, something i am a pro at! I have had hundreds since i had ds2, he kicked the crap (or wee) out my kidney when i was pregnant and it hasn't worked properly since!

Mine start with painfull. Sudden uncontrolable urge to wee, fever and ache in back which gets worse quite quickly. Also get the ocassional bout of vomitting with them. See your gp again they can turn quite bad quickly. You don't want to be hospitalised!"

Feel better soon

Phono Tue 09-Sep-08 10:18:45

Message withdrawn

Charlee Tue 09-Sep-08 10:19:57

Oh yes he was a kicker all right! Still is now and he's 2! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now