Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pre-menstrual tension

(5 Posts)
colette Tue 22-Feb-05 14:10:55

Has anyone found anything that actually works?
I am sure it is worse since having children, I am so irritable(sp) and do not sleep propely and feel quite weepy for about a week to ten days per month. I am actually better once my period has started, but it only leaves about 2 weeks per month when I feel non-hormonal iykwim.

suzywong Tue 22-Feb-05 14:14:50

sympathies
it is far worse si nce having kids isn't it?
I asked a naturopath at a pharmacy over here in Australia and got a herbal mixtue which I think took the edge off the rage, maybe a naturopath would be helpful for you

colette Tue 22-Feb-05 14:27:26

Thanks suzywong
Is a naturopath like a herbalist?

suzywong Tue 22-Feb-05 21:48:34

no, in as much as they advise on pre-packaged rememdies over here but may be different in UK

The stuff I got was made by Metagenics and called imaginatively Femme Premenstrual and was a blend of vitamins and minerals and herbs.

colette Wed 23-Feb-05 11:53:25

I have had a quick look at their website and they are selling to practioners only. I will do more searches later and see if I van find a uk supplier. Thanks for your reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now