Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

very pale feaces in 3month old

(8 Posts)
webmum Tue 22-Feb-05 14:01:53

dd2 is fully breastfed, 15 weeks today, and since friday ahs been having these strange soiled nappies, not the usual mustardy colour, but a very pale greenish yellow. SHe's had up toi 6 a day, they're not smelly at all (less than her usual nappies) and not runny (kind of crumbly texture). Gp says its viral, but Im not convinced, she also has low weight gain, and is not as smiley as she was a couple of weeks ago (when she had just recovered from the flu).

Has anyone any experience of this?

thanks a lot in advance

zippy539 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:14:54

DD (18ths) had this a few weeks ago. Course I looked up 'pale poo' on the internet and naturally convinced myself she had a major metabolic disorder. GP said same as yours - viral. If the GP has seen her I wouldn't worry too much for the moment - just keep an eye on her and if you're still worried go back to GP/HV.

suzywong Tue 22-Feb-05 14:15:50

has she just had her jabs? that could be it

handlemecarefully Tue 22-Feb-05 14:23:55

Same sort of thing happened with my dd when she was a baby. Turned out to be nothing and GP was right

webmum Tue 22-Feb-05 22:19:30

She has just had her second round of jabs but I thought she'd get themn out of her system in less than 5 days...
Zippy539 I did the same, but looked on a family health book, but what worried me was that it was linked to a failure to thrive, which is her case...She'll be weighed again tomorrow so hopefully she's back on track and I can re4lax...thanks for your responses!!

Jimjams Tue 22-Feb-05 23:05:39

I think its more of a problem if they're like that from birth -if they've been normal befoore prob just a virus.

webmum Wed 23-Feb-05 10:21:00

good point jimjams,

why didn't I think of that?

thanks

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 10:22:56

Oh, please don't get too hung up about weighing ... if she seems well, sleeping ok, reasonably lively some of the time, I wouldn't get worried at all.

DS2 is a real bruiser, and his poo runs from classic mustard to strange green to a sort of tan colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now