Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotty newborn...any tips?

(7 Posts)
dazedandconfused Tue 22-Feb-05 13:52:02

Beautiful DD (3 weeks old) has broken out in an angry rash of 'milk spots'. I remember DS having the same thing, but not quite as bad. Does anyone have any hints or is it best to leave the skin alone?

moondog Tue 22-Feb-05 13:55:16

ds was dreadfully spotty when he was born in July. Ashamed to say that sometimes used to deliberatley avoid people I knew when out and about as I didn't one them to see him like that!
Advice is always..LEAVE BE!!
Picked one or two and they were even worse. felt dreadful then.
(He's got skin like a peach now though-!)

suzywong Tue 22-Feb-05 13:56:15

it's just nature's way of stopping you h ave visitors

moondog is right don't touch them

moondog Tue 22-Feb-05 13:57:06

d&c, you must be either a Led Zepp fan, or have enjoyed the film of the same name I take it? Both BIG favourites chez Moondog!!

Hang on, can't say d&c like that can I?! So.....gynaecological!!!

moondog Tue 22-Feb-05 13:57:32

lol suzywong!

Lonelymum Tue 22-Feb-05 13:58:24

My ds2 was covered in really horrible spots from about 3 - 6 weeks old. hey were absolutely dreadful, really unsightly, and I didn't take any photos of him at that time because he looked so bad. However, they went away after a bit. I did nothing to them. I just wanted to advise you to still take photos during the spotty phase as I really regret not having any of ds2 for such an important time in his life.

Also, he is now 7 and has never had any skin problems since so I don't think it augers anything.

moondog Tue 22-Feb-05 14:04:04

Yes, lm my sister told me to snap away regardless.
I am ashamed to say that I didn't give anyone a copy of the pictures taken in hospital as he looked so vile.
But... you should see him now!!!!!!
DIVINE!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now