Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

After having DS I am getting sick mid-month...

(12 Posts)
iwantasecondone Mon 08-Sep-08 13:13:26

All of a sudden around ovulation time I think to myself "Did I have a period last month?" as I am getting morning sickness type feeling for two days. It's like a hormonal and sickness rush. Is this normal? Before DS periods were a day long and now they're 7 days so must be producing loads more hormones...Anyone?

mspotatochip Mon 08-Sep-08 13:42:00

have had similar problem but no idea why dd is 20 months keep thinking I have to be pregnant cos feel so wretched but no its juts mid cycle

bump

maybe someone has some answers!!

MmeLindt Mon 08-Sep-08 13:45:08

Me too, and if anyone can explain it I would be grateful.

The only thing that sometimes helps is taking some iron tablets for a day or two so I am not sure if it is maybe iron deficiency. I had that checked and it was just at the low end of normal apparently.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 13:50:55

Me too. I keep panicking as morning sickness type nausea makes me feel awful and I get heartburn which I never had pre pregnancy. Dh is convinced I have phantom pregnancies every month hmm

Will read this thread with interest.

iwantasecondone Mon 08-Sep-08 13:54:59

Phew...glad it's not just me. This morning it was so bad I nearly convinced myself to test...and I don't even think we had sex last month... blush

MmeLindt Mon 08-Sep-08 13:56:23

I did mention this to the gynae last time I was there and she laughed at me. She said that she had never heard of nausea as a symptom of PMT or ovulation. (sometimes I have it near the middle of my cycle, sometimes a week before my period is due)

Maybe it only happens to British women, and is still unknown in Germany.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 08-Sep-08 13:57:53

I get it right before my period.

Megglevache Mon 08-Sep-08 13:59:16

what a silly moo laughing at you. Maybe we keep having synchronized dogdy takeaways [hehe]

MmeLindt Mon 08-Sep-08 14:02:47

MV
I know, she made me feel rather foolish.

No takeaways here in deep dark Germany I would love a good curry sometimes

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 14:04:25

I feel really sicky and shakey right now, I've only had on period since DS2 born but if they were going to be regular I'd be due on this week so maybe that's why I feel sick as well?

asteamedpoater Mon 08-Sep-08 16:16:28

I've had the same thing. Didn't have morning sickness during either of my pregnancies, but after pregnancy no. 2, for about 2 years, I would get feelings of sickness mid-cycle. It seems to have gone away again, now. Must be something to do with the body taking a while to get back to its standard hormone setting!!! I was surprised to get it, though, considering my sickness-free pregnancies (and a phobia of being or feeling sick...).

SmallShips Mon 08-Sep-08 16:25:48

I had this for the 3 months following my DDs birth 7 months ago. It was horrible, no idea why it happened, but its stopped now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now