Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any ideas please on what could cause this?

(3 Posts)
luverlyjubberly Mon 08-Sep-08 10:30:50

I'm having trouble lying on my right side for the past few nights - it feels a bit uncomfortable, slightly sore and bloated/swollen from under my rib cage and down to below my tummy button. I can't really put my finger on it - not a particular spot - just a general discomfort and general feeling of being bloated or having a swelling (but there doesn't seem to be anything there). Very weird. I am overweight so I guess it could just be that but I've not had it before. It's a mystery! Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks

Sycamoretree Mon 08-Sep-08 21:30:40

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it could be constipation - I've had this type of pain before and that's what I put it down to anyway. Try lots of water, and take a laxative if you react ok to them (i don't) or eat a lot of allbran!

RUMPEL Mon 08-Sep-08 21:33:37

Keep an eye on it in case it is a grumbling appendix - if it gets very painful and the pain moves over to the the centre of your tum then it might be appendicitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now