Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH strained muscle in leg last week now leg really bruised - normal?

(11 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 13:02:35

Me again... last week dh felt something pop and a pain in his leg whilst playing squash -he visited a and e last sun and was told just strained muscle in his leg - he has hobbled about all week and since thur his ankle started bruising and now its gettign hugher and all his calf is bruisin - is this what normally happens? Should he go get it checked out or is it indeed the norm? i think he is worried his leg will drop off..........hmm

3littlefrogs Sun 07-Sep-08 13:03:58

Go and get it checked out. He has probably torn the muscle, but i don't like the sound of the "pop".

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 13:05:52

Well he told them about the pop at a and e after he had done it - they examined it and sid just strained - just the bruising spreading up worrying him.....

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:39

that was bruising gettign higher not huger (sorry)

LilRedWG Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:45

I think I'd go and get it checked out.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 13:07:12

i think i will get him to ring nhs direct.....

LilRedWG Sun 07-Sep-08 19:21:33

What did they say?

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 19:39:22

they said that bruising means the bleeding from the tear or strain has come out now and as isnt feeling worse to walk on or he doesnt feel that he cant bare anywone to touch it that they dont think its a dvt shock and to look out for tram line red marks and fever as this would indicate one but hopefully this should be a good sign of it getting better. Hes stopped panicking now .........smile

LilRedWG Sun 07-Sep-08 19:53:01

Glad to hear it.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 07-Sep-08 19:59:15

thanks - i will involve him in the housework again now! grin

rubyloopy Mon 08-Sep-08 11:19:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now