Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling pathetic and need sympathy

(6 Posts)
ShinyPinkShoes Sun 07-Sep-08 12:18:38

Some of you might remember I had a family bereavement a month ago. Had a week off work and ever since have been doing a silly amount of hours trying to catch up

Am shattered- so no surprises that I now have a throat infection, have lost my voice and this morning a cold has come out so am coughing, sneezing and spluttering regularly and feeling generally crap.

Cannot, absolutely cannot have any time off work I have FAR too much to do and I will only get even more behind and oh I SO need a holiday and some sun

That's it really.
I need to pull myself together and stop being a wuss so feel free to say so.

As you were all

lowrib Sun 07-Sep-08 13:46:52

Hi ShinyPinkShoes, sorry to hear you're feeling crappy.

I reckon you need to cut yourself some slack smile It sounds like you have had a horrible time and have a lot on your plate, YOU ARE NOT BEING A WUSS!

Sounds like you need at least a days rest! Is it possible for you to go back to bed today? Or to at least take it easy?

Do work know (/care) that you're under a lot of pressure - is there anything they can do to lighten the load?

Sending you hugs <<hug emoticon>> smile

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 07-Sep-08 14:03:35

Thanks for the reply.

Work do know yes and my manager has been great. The trouble is that because of the job I do nobody does my work when I am not there so it's all built up a bit. I do love my job too so tend to get rather engrossed in it blush

I probably need to offload some of my work to some colleagues.

Have done bugger all today- I just have no energy nut have a report I need to get done for tomorrow morning

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 08-Sep-08 20:45:44

Been sneezing almost constantly for over a bloody hour now shock

T'is exhausting....maybe I'll lose some weight grin

needsupport Mon 08-Sep-08 20:49:06

sorry your feeling yucky x

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 08-Sep-08 21:16:04

Thanks- how are you doing? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now