Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long do steroids stay in your system?

(7 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 21:25:07

Dh was on 5 days of Aminophylline (IV)plus prednisilone (40mg) for 14 days then 20 mg for 7 days

He finished them 4 weeks ago

Could they still be affecting his mood?

How long d they take to get out of the body?

He also had massive doses of A/B's coud that still be affecting his mood?

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 22:12:27

bump

morocco Sat 06-Sep-08 22:17:00

don't want you to go unanswered

I could never tell with ds1, he found the change in meds to be very hard to cope with, even when at quite low levels and it did take a long time afterwards for him to seem back to normal - I can well imagine him still being v emotional/stroppy after 3/4 weeks. but he had been on them for a v long time. not sure how that affects things. he was cushingoid and that took quite a while - mnths - til he was back to the ds1 he was physically. so perhaps the mental side also takes that long

what is up with your dh? is he angry/emotional?

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 22:19:16

No just grumpy and miserable

Almost depressed

I am worried about him he seems so down

madhairday Sun 07-Sep-08 16:06:09

Being on pred for nearly a month will have affected his mood for a while after, if he is anything like me. I am on steroids around 6 months of the year and it stays in my system for ages, at tleast the side effects of dizziness, bloating, pmt ish mood etc take ages to calm down. Also being on IVs is heavy going and takes a while to feel 'normal' again.
Sympathies to you and your dh. He will feel better soon. Hope his chest is better.

KatyMac Sun 07-Sep-08 16:10:50

Really?

He isn't acknowledging any 'after effects' but I worry about him

He is very down but his chest is fine

misi Sun 07-Sep-08 18:53:24

I am having trouble putting things into words tonight for some reason so have a look at this link for further info on liver detox, both phase 1 (which deals with ridding the body of steroids) and phase 2

www.naturalproductsmarketplace.com/articles/550/550_641training.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now