Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone with a hip replacement out there?

(3 Posts)
madmarriedNika Sat 06-Sep-08 21:11:39

Hi Ladies

Just looking for advice- I had a total hip replacement at the age of 19 and it's now a decade on, and seems to be doing ok (despite initially not thinking it would late this long). I am beginning to get a bit more pain but think it could be weather related...and both knees are playing up. I am seeing a physio who reassures me knee probs are biomechanical due to leg length difference.

Those of you with a hip replacement- what are the signs that it is beginning to wear?
When I first had hip probs aged 8 my pain was referred to my knee, so that is why I am slightly paranoid about knee pain.

I don't see a consultant re the hip at the moment as he said there was no need- just come back if pain increases...

Thanks!

madmarriedNika Sat 06-Sep-08 21:12:42

late - I mean last blush!

cmotdibbler Sat 06-Sep-08 21:19:36

No direct experience, but when my grandmothers joint replacements (she had a collection) started to wear she sort of felt that they were binding iykwim.

Dh's knees are giving him grief at the moment, so I think it might be the weather.

If you are worried, might be time for a trip to the consultant just to get an MR of hips and knees to check it all out.

DH's grandmother has one hip replacement that has lasted 28 years, and the other 20, so they can go on a bit !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now