Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

where can i buy a syringe?

(16 Posts)
biglips Mon 21-Feb-05 23:21:25

to do a sinus flush?

biglips Mon 21-Feb-05 23:39:10

bump

toomanypushchairs Mon 21-Feb-05 23:40:46

what sort of syringe?

charleypops Mon 21-Feb-05 23:40:53

I've noticed some syringes on ebay - don't know if they'll be the right ones though

Surfermum Mon 21-Feb-05 23:42:52

What about a chemist? They offered me one when dd was poorly to get some Calpol down her without spilling it. I don't think they wanted me to pay for it.

lucy5 Mon 21-Feb-05 23:43:12

silly question but have you tried a chemist? Here in Spain most medicines come with a syringe, probably too small though.

biglips Mon 21-Feb-05 23:43:43

plastic big syringe - not a neede syringe, but the big ones to put water in it to flush out nasal sinuses

biglips Mon 21-Feb-05 23:44:28

soz - neede = needle

ChicPea Tue 22-Feb-05 00:04:54

This reminds me of the time when I wanted a syringe to put cat's toothpaste in my cat's mouth. I went into Boots and asked if they sold syringes. The assistant asked the pharmacist behind the hidey hole if they did and was told they didn't. I then asked where I could buy syringes. There was a queue behind me. The pharmacist then rescued the assistant by storming out from behind the hidey hole and asked if he could help me. The queue by now is even larger. I asked him where I could buy a syringe. He said "A chemist" I said "This is a chemist. I can assure you I am not a drug addict, I simply want to use a syringe to get cat toothpaste into a cat's mouth." He looked relieved but how pathetic is that????

Since having children though, I find it surprising that all chemists don't sell syringes as they are very easy to use when administering medicine to young children during the night or for that matter at any time.

Carameli Tue 22-Feb-05 10:36:30

have you tried Boots, that where I got one to give dd Calpol/medised. They were really helpful.

Prufrock Tue 22-Feb-05 11:06:22

THye come free in Nurofen bottles

JasminesMummy Tue 22-Feb-05 15:03:30

Tesco pharmacy counter 55p - up to 5ml - not sure that's big enough though.....

clairabelle Tue 22-Feb-05 15:06:25

Silly question why are you doing a sinus flush?

Laylasmum Tue 22-Feb-05 15:21:25

if you can find a chemist that sells a lot of incontinence goods you might be able to get one as they are used for flushing out catheters!!! otherwise i think you'll be out of luck ( unless you have a hospital worker friend who can snaffle one for you!!)

biglips Tue 22-Feb-05 15:51:18

im doing a sinus flush as i suffer from sinuses problems and had a operation (due to being hit on my nose years ago and it moved the nose bridge over slightly but suffered from sinus probs since)

biglips Tue 22-Feb-05 15:51:37

thanks everyone ill try the chemists first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now