Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a sore eye with green gunge coming from it (sorry).

(15 Posts)
Aimsmum Sat 06-Sep-08 18:05:26

Message withdrawn

snigger Sat 06-Sep-08 18:12:18

Salted water might help, but see your pharmacist for antibiotic eyedrops - dd came home from school with an eye infection, and I caught it from her - took days to get rid of, until I got the drops.

wink - Is this you? grin

snigger Sat 06-Sep-08 18:12:19

Salted water might help, but see your pharmacist for antibiotic eyedrops - dd came home from school with an eye infection, and I caught it from her - took days to get rid of, until I got the drops.

wink - Is this you? grin

snigger Sat 06-Sep-08 18:12:40

What happened there?

Sorry!

KerryMum Sat 06-Sep-08 18:13:32

green gunk = infection.

You need antibiotics.

Aimsmum Sat 06-Sep-08 18:14:19

Message withdrawn

Mercy Sat 06-Sep-08 18:16:24

Can you get to a pharmacist now?

Unfortunately it sounds like you've got the infectious type and will need anti-biotic eye drops

You must wash your hands frequently too.

Somehow I don't think shampoo is a good idea, baby or otherwise!

Aimsmum Sat 06-Sep-08 18:19:59

Message withdrawn

Blandmum Sat 06-Sep-08 18:21:25

green gunge may well= infection and you should get this checked out and treated asap

allgonebellyup Sat 06-Sep-08 18:23:58

conjunctivitus???????!

belgo Sat 06-Sep-08 18:25:34

it's always hard to tell with eye infections, often they get better by themselves, but it sounds like you need to ask the advice of a doctor or pharmacist to see if you need eye drops.

Do you wear contact lenses? Eye infections can become very nasty very quickly if you wear contact lenses.

chipmonkey Sat 06-Sep-08 19:15:50

Baby shampoo is for blepharitis. not conjunctivitis. See a pharmacist at the very least. If the OTC drops don't clear it in 3 days see a doctor.

georgiemum Sat 06-Sep-08 19:18:01

RUN to Boots - do it now! You need medicated eyedrops and they will be able to tell you what/how. Try not to get the ones that you have to use every couple of hours and need to keep in the fridge (totally impractical). Watch out for touching your eyes and spreading the infection on.

blithedance Sat 06-Sep-08 19:20:53

Oh, conjunctivitis, it's sooo contagious it went right around our family and back to DH for a second bout! It is worth the inconvenience of finding a late chemist to get the course started.

Antibiotic eyedrops, you have to ask the pharmacist for them. You can also get a little tube of antibiotic gel which DH thought was better. Be absolutely fastitdious about cleanliness, I now know to my cost.

Aimsmum Mon 08-Sep-08 16:08:43

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now