Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Indigestion like pains

(2 Posts)
SallyLW Sat 06-Sep-08 10:31:38

I have been suffering with indigestion like pain for months!Have had one course of omeprazole and am now taking another.Whats worrying me is that Ive had a blood test confirming raised liver function.Definitely not due to alcohol as I can hardly drink because it triggers an attack .Fatty food seems to be another trigger.Pain is a burning discomfort/ache under my ribs lasting for anything up to 30mins to 2 hours.I just want to lie down and am sometimes sick.It goes on its own after a while. Pain goes into my back between my shoulder blades.Otherwise Im well. Any suggestions?Im awaiting a scan but Im worried theres something seriously wrong!!

3littlefrogs Sat 06-Sep-08 10:36:10

Sounds like gallbladder pain.. Cut out all fatty foods and alcohol, go back to your doctor and describe exactly what you have put here. I have no doubt you will be able to have a scan, and get sorted out.

I would normally say never attempt to diagnose over the internet, but this sounds so typical, that I would be very surprised if your GP doesn't consider the same possibility.

Try not to worry, but get yourself to your GP asap. If it is gallstones, which is quite common, it can be sorted out relatively easily, but you need to be properly investigated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now