Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I've got a pulled ligament in my knee :-(

(17 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 21:19:20

I don't know how I did it but I have pulled a ligament on the outside of my knee. Have a bath last night and it did feel a bit achy. However woke up this morning with a limp. Seen my gp and he said there was nothing I could do except rest and take Nurofen as it can take up to 6 weeks to heal.
It is so painful

coppertop Mon 21-Feb-05 21:23:32

You haven't been having much luck at all just lately, BH. Hope it heals in double-quick time. xx

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 21:24:05

Oh mate. Well milk it every time hibby is around and get things done for you!

expatinscotland Mon 21-Feb-05 21:25:24

I tore my anterior cruciate ligament about 10 years ago. Youch! Hope you feel better soon.

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 21:40:43

I've torn ligaments in my ankle, and am in plaster at the moment - 4 weeks!

expatinscotland Mon 21-Feb-05 21:42:01

I had my ACL surgically reconstructed.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 21:51:30

I know coppertop - it's just not my month is it?

Thomcat - milk it with dh, are you joking. He is very unsympathetic and keeps laughing when I hobble the B****

Exp - sounds so painful, hope I don't have to have surgery

Tig - why are you in plaster? Gp said there was nothing that could be done as I said what happens if it gets worse.

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 21:53:12

BH you poor thing. I think we are coming out in sympathy with each other. I have trapped a nerve or something in my back/hip. Have been in agony all day. Maybe we should crack open a bottle of vino and a packet of Ibuprofen and have a party!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:01:27

fell over ! thought I'd just sprained ankle, but was just agony in night and swelled up, so went to casualty, xray,and doc said I had torn ligaments across top of ankle, and side, and pulled a bit bone too, but the ligaments are the important bit, and need to be kept stable to heal. I will need physio afterwards (he says) as well! fed up!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:04:36

Oh Tigi that sounds really painful. That's what my gp said that if it still wasn't okay after 6 weeks I would need physio but guess what??? There's a huge waiting list

OMG Sparkler Maybe it's all that sex we've been having this weekend
Well I've got a point!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:08:44

To be honest it's not that painful now, I'm more concerned about having a hairy leg on display when the cast comes off, and a shrivelled leg! Shall take a razor to hosp with me.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:09:24

Sorry Tigi but I did laugh thinking of a shrivelled leg

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 22:10:36

Probably was that BH - not used to it anymore!!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:11:30

I 've been a couch potato for the past few weeks with it, so must have put on a stone. I shall need the rest of my body to shrivel to match!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:13:11

You a bit rusty then Sparkler

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:13:34

Tigi - I'd love my stomach and bum to shrivel

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 22:19:25

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: