Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've got a pulled ligament in my knee :-(

(17 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 21:19:20

I don't know how I did it but I have pulled a ligament on the outside of my knee. Have a bath last night and it did feel a bit achy. However woke up this morning with a limp. Seen my gp and he said there was nothing I could do except rest and take Nurofen as it can take up to 6 weeks to heal.
It is so painful

coppertop Mon 21-Feb-05 21:23:32

You haven't been having much luck at all just lately, BH. Hope it heals in double-quick time. xx

ThomCat Mon 21-Feb-05 21:24:05

Oh mate. Well milk it every time hibby is around and get things done for you!

expatinscotland Mon 21-Feb-05 21:25:24

I tore my anterior cruciate ligament about 10 years ago. Youch! Hope you feel better soon.

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 21:40:43

I've torn ligaments in my ankle, and am in plaster at the moment - 4 weeks!

expatinscotland Mon 21-Feb-05 21:42:01

I had my ACL surgically reconstructed.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 21:51:30

I know coppertop - it's just not my month is it?

Thomcat - milk it with dh, are you joking. He is very unsympathetic and keeps laughing when I hobble the B****

Exp - sounds so painful, hope I don't have to have surgery

Tig - why are you in plaster? Gp said there was nothing that could be done as I said what happens if it gets worse.

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 21:53:12

BH you poor thing. I think we are coming out in sympathy with each other. I have trapped a nerve or something in my back/hip. Have been in agony all day. Maybe we should crack open a bottle of vino and a packet of Ibuprofen and have a party!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:01:27

fell over ! thought I'd just sprained ankle, but was just agony in night and swelled up, so went to casualty, xray,and doc said I had torn ligaments across top of ankle, and side, and pulled a bit bone too, but the ligaments are the important bit, and need to be kept stable to heal. I will need physio afterwards (he says) as well! fed up!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:04:36

Oh Tigi that sounds really painful. That's what my gp said that if it still wasn't okay after 6 weeks I would need physio but guess what??? There's a huge waiting list

OMG Sparkler Maybe it's all that sex we've been having this weekend
Well I've got a point!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:08:44

To be honest it's not that painful now, I'm more concerned about having a hairy leg on display when the cast comes off, and a shrivelled leg! Shall take a razor to hosp with me.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:09:24

Sorry Tigi but I did laugh thinking of a shrivelled leg

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 22:10:36

Probably was that BH - not used to it anymore!!

tigi Mon 21-Feb-05 22:11:30

I 've been a couch potato for the past few weeks with it, so must have put on a stone. I shall need the rest of my body to shrivel to match!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:13:11

You a bit rusty then Sparkler

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 21-Feb-05 22:13:34

Tigi - I'd love my stomach and bum to shrivel

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 22:19:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now