Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nappy cream

(5 Posts)
babyOcho Sat 06-Sep-08 01:41:35

DD (6mo) has got nappy rash due to the increase of dirty nappies from teething.

We have been using Weleda and I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Do we slap it on, or do we only put on a thin layer?

2. How long will it take to clear up?

I've had her play with no nappy on today for about 2 hours as well. Anything else we should be doing??

SecetMnetter Sat 06-Sep-08 02:14:08

Sounds like you are doing everything right, but if you use wipes maybe switch to water and cotton wool for a bit. I always find it help DD's nappy rash to clear up a bit faster.

babyOcho Sat 06-Sep-08 03:05:20

we only use cotton wool and water when at home. when out we use natures babycare wipes - are there better wipes that we can use??

How long should I expect it to clear up? Weeks, days?

SecetMnetter Sat 06-Sep-08 08:35:19

Thats good then, no I don't think there are any better wipes that you can use. I know of some people who take a small bottle of water out with them and cotton wool. I do occasionally have to do this for DD but not often.

What nappy cream do you use usually? I use fullers earth cream and it is really good. DD never had a nappy rash until she started teething. The fullers earth cream works wonders.
I use it at every other nappy change and when she gets the first signs of a rash I use it at every nappy change.

It shouldn't take long to clear up I don't think a few days maybe a week or so, depends on how sensitive your DD's skin is.

HTH smile

babyOcho Sun 07-Sep-08 05:44:59

i thought about taking a bottle of water out with us today, but thought that was a bit mad hmm

use Weleda nappy cream. will look into fullers... someone was talking about fullers paste on another thread, same thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now