Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu and sleep disturbance

(6 Posts)
LIZS Mon 21-Feb-05 20:32:12

Over the weekend I've had flu-like symptoms which dd and ds seem to have now got. Both coughing, headaches, tired, temperature etc. Put ds (almost 7) to bed at 6.15 with Calpol 6+ and he has been up 3 times already although seemingly not fully awake and he doesn't seem to have a fever. Last time I found him sitting in his room and had to coax him back to bed.

I know I didn't feel quite with it either so
is this to be expected as I'm a bit worried (think it has happened on the odd previous occasion when he's been ill), dh is away and I'm still not feeling great so could be a long night.

vivie Mon 21-Feb-05 20:37:39

LIZS - don't know the answer I just wanted to say I hope your children will feel better soon. Have you rung NHS direct or your out of hours GP?

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-05 20:41:56

Thanks Vivie. I'm in Switzerland so no NHS Direct but have tried to decipher the website and my German isn't up to a local out of hours dr service. Just spoke to dh and he reckons he needs to sleep it off.

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-05 20:52:10

All quiet so off to bed. Fingers crossed for a decent night's sleep.

vivie Tue 22-Feb-05 13:28:53

LIZS - how's your ds today?

LIZS Tue 22-Feb-05 14:19:49

Thanks for asking. He seems much better and slept pretty well afterwards. They didn't get up until 7.45 ! Now wondering if the sunset yellow colouring in the Calpol had anything to do with it - not used it much before and did give him 2 spoons before bed, perhaps too much ? He's vegging in front of tv (again ) but may be ok for school tomorrow. dd still full of cold and was awake at 3am but now snoozing on sofa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now